Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mongolian Beef

I you are looking for a new recipe to try out I HIGHLY recommend THIS one. I have had it pinned on Pinterest forever and Brent happened to spy it the other day when we were looking for some Brent friendly gluten free recipes and he was really excited to give it a try. We went with a really lean cut if meat which was really healthy and only ran about $11.00 for 4 servings. 

I will have I say Brent is definitely the better cook between the 2 of us specially when it comes to meat so I let him do the hard work on this meal (darn). I did however prepare an extra large pot of quinoa in vegetable broth to go with it and some steamed frozen broccoli to eat on the rest of the week. We of course couldn't eat an Asian meal without edamame which was Mckinley's favorite part. This kid lives for edamame! She also loved the quonia and broccoli, but since she isn't a huge fan of red meat I got to finish that off for her which was just awful.
I think if all of our new recipes turn out as amazing as this one did Brent might actually enjoy the gluten free lifestyle. I just want to say P.F. Changs I hate to tell you, but our Mongolian beef might be better than yours.

No comments: