Sunday, September 22, 2013

Calling It

As of September 22 2013 I am calling potty training a win! We made it through the zoo in panties (we hit every bathroom in the park just to be safe), but I think 3 days in panties equals potty trained. We aren't brave enough to go bare t night or naptime, but I am ok with that. It lets me hold on to my girl being a baby for a little longer. 

Mckinley started going on the potty around 16 months. We never wanted to push her because I knew she would go when she was ready, but he kind of took to it. Some weeks she would go all if the time an other weeks she wouldn't want anything to do with it so we just went at her pace. It wasn't until this summer that we started pitying on a pretty consistent basis because we were home a lot more and we went pants off dance off when we were at home. I actually feel like this just d if hindered our progress because anytime I did put pants or a diaper on the girl she would just get lazy and just go.  

Finally last week we took her to pick out some big girl panties and she went traight for the Sesams St. pack and there was no going back. I sent Mckinley to Mrs. Julie's in panties and a few backup diapers and after 1 little accident we were good to go!

So we have been in panties since Friday and except for a puddle on Papa and Yaya's back porch we have been in panties ever since. We still wear our cloth trainers because I sure do t have time to take apart the entire car seat and wash it. I am thinking about hitting up Babies Are Us since I need to return some stuff and get ahead on my Christmas shopping and picking up one of them thar car seat pads. 

I may or may not have gotten a little sad when my girl put her own panties on all by herself. I stil can't believe my little squishy punkin head is a big girl panty wearing 2 year old. Good news I can now say put on your big girl panties and deal with it and really mean it! Her booty looks so tiny without her big ole fluffy bum. 


My big girl panty wearer and her 2 boyfriends! 

No comments: