Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer Summer Summer Time

I have had a few posts written for about 2 months now, but I just haven't been able to finish any of them. I was in a sad place for a while and I had all kinds of emotions that I just wasn't sure how to handle, but I feel like the funk has finally lifted.

I think the year anniversary of Mom's diagnosis and the intense feelings of my friends passing just culminated into 1 big ball of sad and I was lost in it. I was so afraid that summer break and being home every day would keep me locked away inside my feelings, but I feel like it has actually brought me back to life.

So instead of being sad I am going to celebrate the fact that my mom had her last round of chemo yesterday and that I can be thankful for the time I had with my friend. I know she is watching over us everyday just like my babies said. Oh the wisdom of babies. If only we could all be so trusting in God's plan for us all.

This summer has already been amazing and I can't wait to see what else these next few weeks hold in store for us. We will probably have a few tantrums, some battles of who is more strong willed, and lots of fun in the sun, but I wouldn't want it any other way.


No comments: