Sunday, November 27, 2011

4 Months



Baby Girl I can't believe you are already 4 Months old!! I insist that you stop growing right this second. you are not allowed to get any bigger, but then I am torn because I want to know who you are going to become. You are already the coolest kid around so I guess I have to let you grow up so I can see how you turn out. We had our 4 month checkup and shots on the 18th and everything went very well. You are weighs 13.8 lbs. and is 23 inches long. 50th percentile all around. Such a little peanut, but my arms can definitely feel the changes. I am definitely getting my workout in everyday just carrying you around.

You are getting more and more active everyday and you are really working on sitting up all on your own. My new favorite thing you just started doing is playing with your tongue. Ya Ya discovered you love it when we run our finger over your mouth and you stick your tongue out. Now you turned that into talking while sticking out your tongue which makes the funniest noise. You are also working on raspberries. You have figured out that if you put your lips together and blow it makes a funny noise and some pretty neat spit bubbles.

You have mastered holding your head up, tummy time, grabbing, pulling your paci out of your mouth and putting it back in yourself. You still like cuddling in Mama's lap, but if we hold you so you can stand  you are even happier. You love Sofie giraffe and your baby giraffe lovie blanket, riding in the car and being outside especially when a breeze is blowing. You especially love being carried in your front carrier. I think you like that you are constantly sitting up and that you can see everything. Your favorite toys right now are your jumper and exersaucer. You are the smiliest happiest baby I have ever seen and your laugh is amazing. It is the best belly laugh and we get to hear it all of the time. Especially when mama eats your feet or pretends to eat your hands when you are. You finally started grabbing and playing with the toys on your exersaucer which means mama and daddy need to hurry and get some more batteries to make all of the toys work.

I am pretty sure you will have a tooth making an appearance very soon. You have been drooling for quite sometime and Dr. Pendergrass even said your bottom left gums were a little swollen. I was so happy when he  told me that he would like it if we waited until 6 months before we started any foods. I am not ready for that yet and you don't seem to have any interest in food yet so we will be holding off for a little while longer. You seem to be thriving on milk alone and I swear you developed a few new rolls just in the last week. Speaking of milk, Yeah us for making it 4 months!! Our first goal has been achieved and if we made it this far we can definitely make it for 6 months.

You successfully survived your first Thanksgiving. I can't believe exactly a year ago this week we were telling our parents we were pregnant. I still laugh when I think about my mom opening her present and it taking her a minute to realize what it meant and then it taking my dad even longer to realize even after me telling him that the ornament was a baby to get that it meant something very important. We decorated for your first Christmas today and I have to say it looks like Christmas vomited in our tiny little home, but we only get to do this first Christmas things once so we are going to do it right.

I am just amazed by you more and more everyday. I can't wait to see what you figure out tomorrow.
















No comments: