Friday, December 30, 2011

Baby's First Christmas. Be warned tis very pic heavy.


This by far has been the best Christmas ever. I am not going to lie, but I have been really stressed out this past week and I know I have not been a delight to live with, but once I was finished making the gifts, cleaning the house, and making breakfast for everyone coming over to celebrate Kinley's first Christmas I really got to enjoy the day. Poor Brent has also been on call the past 2 weekends and has had to deal with me. Thankfully he didn't get any major calls during Christmas and we all got to enjoy the day together.

I never thought I would be such an emotional mama, but sometimes I just can't help myself and this particular day was particularly sweet and emotional for me. I know that Mckinley had no clue what was going on, but just knowing this time last year we were just starting to tell everyone we were expecting and we didn't even know Kinley was Kinley yet just brought tears to my eyes. Picking out the first Christmas gifts we would give her brought me so much joy, but I new better then to go overboard since the grandparents and aunt Jen Jen would go wild this first Christmas.As I expected they went a little crazy with the goodies, but it just showed how much they love my little one. She made out like a bandit with big girl crawling and walking toys, precious clothes, and an awesome big girl chair.
Mama and daddy didn't do to bad either. We decided  not do a big Christmas for each other since Kinley was the main event and will be from here on out. I wanted something I needed and not just a bunch of stuff so Brent got me a new crock pot and new stackable Tupperware and I made him a Tigers sign and a few smaller gifts. I think Kinley's gift to her daddy was the best gift of the day.


There is nothing better then some baby hand prints. Shockingly this only took 1 try and a little white paint to cover up a few smudges.


Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not creature was stirring except for a Kinley


Woah!

Must eat shiny green ball
Are these all for me?
Great Grandma/ GiGi

Santa Baby

Snuggling with Jane

Merry Christmas Morning. Let's open some presents
Mine all mine

Wheely bug
The best Christmas gift ever!

The Oball

Where's Kinley?

Helping mama cook Christmas breakfast

I think she likes it
Nini and Kinley

Hanging with Grandpa

Thanks Yaya for the beautiful Christmas dress


First Christmas as a family of 3

Supposed to be napping

Worn out

Ready for some more Christmas

Mama got a wagon for Christmas

Exhausted

 To top off our awesome first Christmas Brett and Cary were in town and got to meet the baby girl for the first time. I think they kind of liked her.







  I know I say this all the time, but I just never knew how much I was going to fall in love with this little lady. I know she didn't know what was going on or what any of this meant, but just being together with so many people I ,love and seeing how much they love my baby is the most amazing feeling.

So we can check off our first Christmas was a success. I am such a lucky girl and I can't wait to see what the next few days, months, years hold for our little family.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Hi!
Just wanted to let you know that I was googling my daughters name and came across your blog! Our Mckinley Grace was born in September!
I havde enjoyed reading your blog-

Meredith Hartsell

Unknown said...

Congratulations and what a beautiful name = ) Thanks for reading my random little blog