Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Things First

I honestly don't think I have EVER had a first day of school go so well because today was absolutely Perfect! granted I only had 7 babies and it was a half day of school, but the babies I had were absolutely precious!

Now let's talk about how I have decided to be all organized and prepared because today I was more unprepared than I have ever been. I am still not sure what we got done during Inservice and I am not sure what I was doing yesterday at my mom's because I thought I had gotten a lot done, but I guess I missed the important stuff like our Kissing hand craft or the cookies with the children's names for our Who Stole The Cookie From The Cookie Jar game. I honesty felt like I had done absolutely nothing the past week. Don't worry my babies all had a craft to complete and a cookie for the game, but I just wasn't ready when everyone started arriving at school at 7:30 (school started at 8:00 today). 

Lesson learned and I am ready for the next 3 days and will be working on the rest of next weeks lesson plan this week and this weekend. I got to far ahead of myself by about 10 months (I planned out my whole year before my maternity leave) and that didn't work for me because I forgot a lot of the stuff I wanted to do or how I wanted to do it so I want to only be a week or 2 ahead with everything so I am never scrambling to get everything together.






No comments: