Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Balancing Act

I am not going to lie I am not very good at the whole balancing thing.

I work full time as a teacher, have 2 big dogs, 1 Little Lady and 1 hunky husband and a lot of other stuff going on much like everyone else in the world. You just do what you can do and hope you aren't dropping too much.

I am a priorities kind of gal. I have high priorities like my family and low priorities like making my yard look all put together. And right now family trumps everything. My mama was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and is currently going through very aggressive chemo and right now on my list of priorities making sure she is taken care of is on the top of my list. Thankfully I have been off since the beginning of June and I have been able to make her priority #1 along with my own little family, but now that school is starting back I feel like I have to rearrange. 

I am just not sure how I will be able to balance all of this, but you can bet your bottom dollar I am gonna try.
The only way I know how to do it all is to be prepared for anything. I have to be on top of my game and have things prepared ahead of time. I have to have Mckinley's meals prepared for school and her bag packed. I need to try to cook meals for the weak on Saturday or Sunday, and I have to get everything ready for the next day of school the night before or I know everything will come crashing down. Like I said my yard is a very low priority so cleaning out the shed might not happen anytime soon and you know what I am ok with that. 

Thankfully I have a great support system behind me and all I have to do is ask.

This little girl also helps me keep it together.



No comments: