Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mama Mia

You might be wondering why I haven't really been posting about my mama and how she is doing. Well I have been a little busy and most of the posts I have written have been in the works for quite sometime and I just haven't been able to emotionally work myself up to writing this post.

I think I am ready now.

First off my mom is kicking cancers behind! Last week before her third round of chemo she met with her oncologist which was their first meeting since her initial appointment. Let's refresh our memories about mom's cancer. She has stage 3a breast cancer and she had 2 tumors side by side the size of a lemon that had metastasized to her lymph nodes. Scary stuff right. Well she may just be known from now on as  a medical miracle because her doctor couldn't feel anything this time! Now they have been VERY aggressive with her treatment  and I am not going to lie she has done awesome, but she has been very very sick. After each round of chemo she has had affects for 10 days. Imagine being nauseous and not being able to eat for 10 days and then feeling great and then having to do it all over again. Thankfully she is a tough cookie because I don't know if I could do it. 

Thankfully this time they are trying a few new medicines and besides being extremely tired she is not feeling sick! I can hear a chorus of angels singing the Hallelujah Chorus! Her doctor also mentioned since she her tumors are reacting so well to treatment they may cut her last treatment they had planned which means instead of 3 more rounds she would only have 2 which would be Awesome!

She still has a long road ahead of her with her last rounds of chemo, surgery, and radiation, but she will kick some more butt and get through this!

A special Thank You to Lauren Miller who made mama some beautiful Thank you cards. Thankfully she has some wonderful friends and family who are sending delicious food, beautiful flowers, and sweet cards so she will definitely be needing those.

Love you Mama! Keep kicking butt!

No comments: