Monday, February 11, 2013

How Roxanne Got Her Groove Back

I feel like I am getting my groove back. Not completely, but I am almost there. 
I thrive on schedule and preparation, but I have been slacking lately and I am learning that when I slack it makes life suck. Tonight I gave myself a swift kick in the behind and got my stuff together. I sucked it up and  not only made dinner, but I started dinner for tomorrow night, made all of Mckinley's lunches for the rest of the week, made my lunch for tomorrow, and set up my coffee for the morning. I also finally put away the rest of my clean clothes and the rest of Mckinley's clothes. Putting away clothes might not sound like a big deal, but around here clean clothes can sit in a basket for quite some time.

I am starting my meal planning again and I have already made a few recipes I have been planning. Tonight I made This  Spicy Baked Shrimp. It was spicy and delicious! The Lady and I ate ours with roasted asparagus and asparagus (roasted in the oven with EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic salt), home made sweet potato fries, and lima beans. 

Tomorrow night we will be having one of my all time favorite meals Stuffed Zucchini. This isn't the exact recipe (we use saltine crackers and we don't add the egg), but it is pretty close. I have all of the ingredients prepared and ready to cook tomorrow.

Wednesday I am thinking some tilapia, quinoa, and veggies sounds just right.

And Thursday I am thinking about throwing some of This  together.

I'm back and life feels right! Nothing a Giant Elmo can't fix!

No comments: