Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Road Injuries

I never thought I would miss bloody ankles, 
Yes, when I run I somehow kick my ankles. I don't know how and I don't know why, but I also dig grooves in the side of my shoes. It is a true talent. 

I got in 3 miles today and I even went the hard route (up hill at the end) and I didn't die! I had to walk once or twice going up that last hill, but I finished in 45 minutes! Now that I have accomplished my first goal of 3 miles I shall next conquer my old 5 mile route I used to do with my old running buddy. I still can't believe we got up and ran 5 miles twice a week before school! We were in some awesome shape and I plan to get it back! After I hit 5 miles I want to get back into some trail running with my 6 mile trail at the Farms and then who knows  maybe 13.1 in December. I've done it once I can do it again dang it!

I am loving working out right after school be it at the gym or on the streets (that sounded better in my head) because I don't have to worry about waking up any earlier than I already do at 5:00 a.m. and I know I won't do it after I pickup the monkey. She makes working out so much fun and the best part is she lovingly hits her witching hour between 4-6 every night. If you aren't a parent you might be wondering what the witching hour is. Well my non baby friends this is a phenomenon known to many parents when their sweet precious child becomes a monster and nothing makes them happy no matter you give them and  no matter what you do. This this just happens to be right about the time we get home and I am cooking dinner every day before Brent gets home and then add in working out on top of that and she is a mess. And this my friends is why I will not have another child for quite some time. It is all I can do to handle this wild child of mine and until she is a bit older and a little less wild don't ask me when we will have another small wonder.

I might even try for 4 miles tomorrow. We'll see how everyone sleeps in our house tonight. If I can do 3 on 1 hour hopefully I can go a little farther with hopefully a little more sleep. You would think when you run around like this all day long you would sleep ALL NIGHT LONG!


No comments: