Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pretty Good

Besides being a little under the weather I am feeling pretty good these days. I am thinking my clean eating habits and hitting the gym more are the cause of this. I am still not sure why it has taken me so long to get back to being myself, but I will never blame it on being too busy or being a mommy again. 


As for my dietary changes I decided to stop saying I was on the Paleo diet because so many people look at me funny. Instead I have chosen to say I am choosing to be healthier. My main food intake these days is fruits and veggies (fresh, cooked, and in smoothies), lean meats, nuts, and beans. Basically anything you can find around the edges of the grocery store I am eating it. I have had a few "treats" after eating clean for 2 weeks and I can honestly say I did not enjoy anything I ate. I have had some pizza (wasn't too bad) a doughnut, some California sushi rolls,  a few veggie straws, and a 2 slices of bread with my spicy black bean burger and I can honestly say I felt yucky after eating every single one of these items. Needless to say this Super Bowl Sunday should be interesting. I am not sure if it will be worth it to eat some of the things I was looking forward to eating and I am thinking I am going to change what I was going to bring as my offering (Buffalo Chicken Dip) and instead bring some 7 Layer Dip.

I have started working on my February Monthly Meal Calendar and I am excited about some new simple recipes I found on Pinterest shock and surprise. I will be shopping bi-weekly this time around instead of monthly because I was finding I had too many leftovers which isn't a bad thing, but it was starting to overflow and I absolutely HATE wasting food so this will work out better for our little fam.
I am excited to try some new recipes and I am even more excited to have my meals planned out again. After taking a month off of planning I missed knowing what we would be eating instead of scrambling around for something healthy to eat or not having all of the ingredients I needed.


This next 2 things i am about to pots have absolutely nothing to do with meal planning or clean eating, but they were so funny and actually made me laugh out loud and I just had to share.

Happy Saturday and I am looking forward to going to church tomorrow morning. We will be taking Mckinley to the nursery for the first time. We haven't been going because it was just too much of a hassle to get up and go with her, but I feel like I am missing something in my life and I think this is just the ticket.



No comments: