Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mind Dump

I am typing as I enjoy my second glass of Big House Unchained Naked Chardonnay boxed wine. It has 4 bottles of wine in it's funny looking box!! 4 bottles people! As a college Franzia connoisseur I know a little about boxed wines and this my friends is a keeper at $19.99. I spent a long hard half day of work hanging out with my precious babies and a few parents after some Parent Teacher Conferences. I might have also done some clothes returning and purchasing things I didn't really need, but this dietary change is really working and I just wanted a few new pieces to revamp my wardrobe.  I am such a sucker for anything with polka dots and anything in a mint seafoamy green blue. The house is almost too quiet now that my mom and dad both stopped in to visit and  my dear sweet sweet in laws have picked up the Kitten for a slumber party. I think I will just sit here in the quiet for a minute and enjoy the quiet.

It was so nice driving around today and just having a little quiet me time. I am so lucky to have this amazing job and they will never be able to get rid of me! I can truly say I LOVE what I do and the people I work with and not many people will ever get a chance to say that. I am so blessed to be living this life.
 While driving around I passed one of our many private schools in town and yes I know I work at a private school, but this one is a little different or I guess I could say ours is different because it is a little smaller and closer to my everyday reality. I can honestly say I know nothing about this other school other then the visual affect the people and their babies have on me and just on the surface they are even more upper class then my homies. First off it costs your first born child to attend in and then you have to sell an organ on the black market every year just to pay for it. I was actually offered a job at this school way back in the day, but I couldn't accept the position because of the low amount of pay. It was only for an assistant position that could have turned into a teaching position, but I just couldn't swing it at that time. I know it was for a reason because I am absolutely 100% where I am supposed to be in my life, but it is always interesting to look into this world and think about how life would be different if I had jumped at my first opportunity. Would I have fit in? Would I say I loved waking up and going to work every day? As I sat and watched the moms coming and going picking up their own precious angels in their cute little work out outfits and realized how different their lives must be. It blows my mind to think that people can actually make that much money that they can actually send their precious babies to this school. I mean we aren't destitute, but we are definitely on the lower end of the middle class around these parts and I guess when you have it you just don't realize how different your life is or maybe it isn't any different. I guess the moral of my story is I love watching people and  wondering what their lives are like behind all of the stuff and give me a few glasses of wine and I can take things deep people. 

Now I am just sitting her waiting for my lovah to return home after a long day of work to enjoy a date night in with a pizza and a movie. We may not have celebrated Valentine's Day, but this was my month to plan date night and I think I have done a pretty good job. I wanted  to do a movie date night in so I picked up a natural cheese pizza (Lent and kind of diet friendly) and I rented Pitch Perfect from the Red Box.
Side note since this post has taken me 3 days to write Brent was kind of skeptical of my choice, but gave me mad props after the movie was over because it was Aca-larious! I knew he would like it also because it had one of the guys from workaholics in it.

SPeaking of not celebrating Valentine's Day, I thought I could escape all of the candy and junk. That was until my sweet babies so kindly gifted me with all kinds of delicious treats. I am thinking now about doing a cleanse starting this weekend after The Valentine's Day Chocolate Bender of 2013!!! After eating clean for a few weeks and then going off the deep end with 1 bunch of chocolate covered strawberries (at least they had fruit), 4 small boxes of heart shaped chocolates, and a laffy taffy or two, I am now fully committed to a life of healthy eating (with occasional trysts into the world of  carbs and sugar). I have finally discovered the loveliness of Agave Nectar and I will never go back. I enjoy eating clean, exercising, being healthy, and feeling good and hopefully I can bring the hubby over to the dark side of my world.

Now that Brent has confirmation from his Dr. that he needs to drastically change his lifestyle I am going to do whatever it takes to help him get healthy. We have already started with a few small changes for him like no fast food, a salad with dinner to help cut portion sizes, more healthy fish, lean protein, and veggies, and more water. I am also going to start a new routine for both of us. On the nights he gets home early I am going to already have a work out dvd all set up and ready to go and I am going to have all of his work out clothes ready to go and on nice nights the stroller and baby will be ready to roll. I might also try waking him early (I am kind of scared to poke the bear, but we will try it and see how it goes) to go ahead and get his workout over with and then he can't say he is to tired or just wants to destress before exercising and then not doing it. I know he isn't going to do it on his own so maybe if I push him a little he will start enjoying it. I also think this will play a major roll in combating his level of stress. What's better than getting fit and healthy with the person you plan on spending the rest of your life with. I know I will out live him, but I can hopefully keep him around for a little while longer because I kind of like him just a little.

We don't have school Monday and I think I already have my entire day all planned out. I am thinking a trip to the gym, a cloth diapering lesson, a trip to the park with a picnic depending on the weather. I know you are jealous I get to spend a whole extra day with my Little Lady. She is pretty fabulous!






No comments: