Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Month Of Meals

 A few weeks ago I gave myself a challenge to pre plan a months worth of dinners  and so far things have been going pretty good. I may have switched a few dinners up, but since I already had all of the ingredients it was no big deal.

My fridge dry erase calendar where I write all of my important dates like my friend Nicole's birthday and now my meal planning.

 So far the only meal I haven't made was meatloaf and potatoes on the 13 because my wonderful MIL brought us dinner the night before of homemade meatloaf and I didn't feel like eating it 2 nights in a row plus we had some leftovers that needed to be eaten.

I think my new favorite recipe is cupcake muffins. They were super easy to make and filled us all up and we have been able to eat them for a few days.

Why yes I did eat one before taking a picture. I had to taste it and make sure it was ok.

I used store bought  Pillsbury pizza dough and cut it into little squares and placed them in the bottom of a regular muffin tin. I didn't have any pizza sauce so I used a tiny bit of tomato paste, threw on some mozzarella cheese and topped each one with a pepperoni. Next time I will use mini pepperonis and homemade crust if I have some made up, but either way they were easy and delicious. I dipped mine in a little bit of Prego sauce and you could use that as your sauce if you don't have any pizza sauce on hand.


I am looking forward to trying out the recipe for crock pot chicken cacciatore  because it is one of my favorite meals, but it takes so long to prepare and I am hoping this is easy and yummy.

I am actually enjoying one of my all time favorite recipes that we ate the first week of September. Hash brown potato soup. It is the quickest, easiest, and most delicious meals ever! It is also pretty healthy. It is actually a Weight Watchers recipe, but I add a few extra toppings to make it even more delicious plus Brent will eat it so win win!

I haven't felt very well all day and this has been the only thing that sounded good, tasted good, and didn't make me feel sick. This is also the first real meal Mckinley has eaten since getting sick. Do you see why this is one of my favorite meals. If it makes my girl happy then I am happy.

Hash Brown Potato Soup/Loaded Baked Potato Soup

  • 1 bag of Ore Ida Hash Browns (shredded, or cubed)
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 2 quarts FF chicken broth (FF=fat free)
  • 1 package Fat Free Pioneer cream gravy mix (whisked in 1/2 cup of water to remove lumps)
  • Place first 3 ingredients into large pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Add gravy mix and stir. Simmer 15 minutes. Or, you can put all the ingredients in a crock pot on high for 3-4 hours
  • I add about a tsp. or cheddar cheese and a tsp. of bacos for flavor and crunch. I keep meaning to try some sour cream too because sour cream makes everything better

  • On Weight Watchers old point system it was 1 point for 1 cup of soup without the added toppings.

No comments: