Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Birthdays

Yesterday was Brent's 31 birthday! I love being married to an older men.
Maybe only by a few months, but older anyways.
We didn't do too much of a celebration seeing as I was in bed with a bad tummy ache and and awful headache. Thankfully we celebrated big Saturday at Brent's favoirite restaurant so he did't get the shaft too much. I am not sure if only getting an hour of sleep the night before had anything to with with it, but I don't think it helped. I did however cook a delicious roast in the crock that was pre prepared when I started making everything for my monthly meal calendar. It wasn't actually on the menu for last night, but it was easy, already amde, and happens to be meat adn meat is one of Brent's favorite meals and after the long night we had had I knew I wouldn't be up to actually cooking. I will be revising my recipe a little and I wont be putting the potatoes in before freezing because it changes the texture of them. I did swing by the store on the way home and picked up some Sam Adams October Fest, some Little Debbie fall cakes, Reese's cups, and a tiny snickers cake. Brent will be picking up his gift this weekend because he told me what he wanted and I just couldn't find it so he gets to go pick out exactly what he wnats adn what he wants are new Memphis shirts (Me thinks it might be football time in Tennessee).All in all I think it was a pretty good birthday besides being sick and haveing no gifts to give.

Since we are talking about birthdays why are men SO hard to buy for. I feel like all Brent ever gets is something with Mckinley's picture on it or something with a tiger on it. He likes to read so I can occasionally buy him nook goft cards and itunes giftcards, but he is just so difficult to buy for. I have started a board on Pinterest with ideas of things for Christmas and sadly I think I only have 4 or 5 things pinned. The 2 things I have pinned for his Christmas presents are pretty good, but I need more ideas! If anyone can think of anything good please let me know.

Happy Birthday Daddy!
Love,
Your Girls.

what can I say. My girl loves her some ribs!

No comments: