Friday, July 22, 2011

I AM BORED! I don't think I can take it anymore. Thank goodness Brent is starting his paternity leave early. I am hoping Mckinley comes this weekend (wishful thinking) or early next week so it won't be wasted and he will get to spend more time with her, but just to have someone at home to talk to is going to be amazing!

I have now been home for 2 months all alone and I am going mad. My mom and some wonderful friends have kept me company a few days, but I now know that I could never be a stay at home anything. Even with Baby Love here I know I would go insane being in the house all day long. I am sure there are oh so fun things to go out and do, but I am meant to be out of the house working.

Thank goodness for The Tudors and True Blood. I don't mind that Netflix changed their shipments and fees because it has worked out better for us. We never used the streaming so instead of 1 movie we get 2 now. Today I watched 5 episodes of the Tudors and was thoroughly entertained. I think I would be insane by now if it wasn't fr some blood drinking and crazy kings.

Yesterday was a good day because I didn't have any time to be bored. After finally going to sleep around 4 and thankfully waking up at 9ish (thanks Jen) mom and I made a beautiful headboard for B and my bedroom. We (mom) cut out the headboard and legs, we put the supports on, screwed it all together, padded it, covered it, and stapled the fabric on. All in all it took us about 6 hours with lunch and a hair appointment in between. I still can't believe how good it turned out. My mom really is amazing and she can make ANYTHING. She also started teaching me how to do some simple dress smocking and embroidery. I am planning on embroidering a pillow or something to hang on our wall of stuff I am going to start putting together in our den and maybe one for the kitchen.

All I need now is the bed frame and we will be all set with a brand new non squeaking non shaky bed. We covered it with the prettiest deep brown fabric (my darling mother was going to use it for her own headboard, but she loves me so much she wanted me to have it). It matched our bed spread so perfectly she couldn't say no. I am so excited not to have that horrible bed anymore and it will be so much easier to climb into bed and reach Mckinley without having to walk all the way around the bed to climb in.

In progress

I will take some pictures of what our bed looks like now for comparisons because it is going to look like a completely different bedroom by the time I am done. I can't wait to start looking for a piece of furniture to replace the dresser with and maybe 2 new bedside tables. Once it starts to get cool we can start taking Baby Love to some yard sales and flea markets to start looking.

I guess I need to start a post baby To Do list of all the things I would like to get done in our house.

1. hang clothesline when it finally arrives to hang diapers to dry/sun
2. paint back exterior of house
3. repaint all trim and doorways in house
4. repaint kitchen cabinets white (I am bored of the tea stain)
5. find and refinish dresser for bedroom
6. find and refinish 2 bedside tables for bedroom
7. redo wall in den above couch
8. build cage with door around vegetable garden to keep wild dogs out

I am sure I will think of many other things I want to do in the near future, but I think that is wnough for now. 

1 comment:

qwerty said...

Wow! You sure do make a lot of lists. Same here , but It almost always ends up being utter waste xD