Sunday, October 14, 2012

Brent's World Famous Inside Outside Ravioli. A TeamD Staple

A few people have asked for our Inside Outside Ravioli and since Brent made us a batch yesterday I had him sit down with me to write out the recipe. My husband can work magic with a jar of Prego and he doesn't have any exact measurements for the seasonings. You really have to taste it as you make it to get is flavored how you want it. And yes I typed this as the words were coming out of his mouth and he kept asking me if I put Stir Vigorously. He is quite the weirdo, but I am weirder so I guess it is ok.  


{Brent's World Famous Inside Outside Ravioli}
1 pan yields 12-15 servings
Ingredients
1 box small shells
1 lb. ground turkey
1 large pckg. frozen spinach
2 jars Prego italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Red Chili Flake
Nutmeg
Mozzorella Cheese
Parmasean Cheese
2 eggs

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375, cook pasta according to box, drain, and set aside.

2.Brown ground turkey in large sauce pan adding salt, pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and red chili flakes to taste. Stir Vigorously. Mix in 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce. We prefer Prego, but you can use whatever you prefer.Stir Vigorously. Set aside

3. To prepare Italian Spinach saute spinach and cook through. Drain excess liquid and put back into pan and add salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, nutmeg. Next Beat 2 eggs, form a well in center of spinach and add eggs. Scramble eggs and slowly incorporate into spinach until cooked through. Add grated Parmasean cheese to taste.

4. Combine ground beef mixture with spinach mixture. Stir Vigorously until thoroughly combined.
5. Add 1 full jar of Prego into sauce pan, add 1/2 of turkey spinach mixture and add Stir Vigorously. Add shells to mixture. Stir Vigorously. Add remaining meat and spinach mixture and remaining Prego to pot. Stir Vigorously until all ingredients are mixed in.

6. Pour mixture into large casserole dish, smooth out on top, and add 1 package of mozzarella cheese. Tent aluminum foil on top and bake for 35-45 min until cheese melted and brown around edges.

7. Remove aluminum foil and turned off oven allowing casserole to rest in oven. This is what Brent does to keep me out of it because I like to eat it mouth scalding hot, but he makes me wait!

8. Pull out of oven and .ENJOY!

I wasn't quick enough to snap a picture before it started getting devoured. Look at that spinachy goodness!

I froze a few portions for the first time so we shall see how those come out after thawing.

No comments: