Monday, October 22, 2012

Pre K Days {Mr. Q Queen, Kings, and Fairytales}

{Weekly Wrap Up}

Last week we met Mr. Q and learned all about his letter and Fairytales. We learned that a Fairy tale usually begins with Once Upon A Time and is not a real story , but is pretend or not real.

We read 3 different stories in 3 different ways. 

We read There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly, retold the story with our own old lady, then everyone made their own old lady and described if they were the old lady what they would swallow.
  
Next we used pictures to tell the story of the Three Little Pigs. I think this was the most fun I have ever had telling a story and the kids seemed to like it even better than just sitting and watching me read from a book. After we told the story each student constructed their own houses out of hay, sticks, and bricks. I wanted them to try to write each word, but we ran out of time and being another short week we never had any extra time to finish so Mrs. Cathy wrote the words for us.

Last we watched the video of the Disney version of Jack and The Beanstalk and we traced our own hands inside a giants hand to see which was bigger. 

We made Quail Q's

Found the Uppercase letter on Magic Coins and colored in the matching letter on our Magic Castle.


And we worked on putting the letters of the Alphabet in order. 

Once again I am absolutely exhausted after another short week. Some days I would almost rather not have short weeks. they seem to make my babies crazy and I always feel so rushed trying to get everything done that I want too. I suggest we just save all of these days and take another week off for spring break or we extend fall break. 

We actually had Open House today and I am even more exhausted after talking to prospective families plus my current students and their families. 

I guess the one upside to this week was really starting to use my Smart Board. It is still a work in progress, but my morning routine is up and running and I love being able to use it for our Morning Message  and I should soon have our Weather Graph on there as well. 

Now I am off to sleep to make up for our impromptu co sleeping with Mckinley this past weekend at the lake. 

No comments: