Monday, November 19, 2012

My Go To Halloween/Thanksgivingish Pumpkin Dip

I made this dip for our last Faculty meeting at school and our Halloween Party and it was a hit at both. I won't be making it for Thanksgiving because I have been assigned Sweet Potato Casserole for Brent's family and we won't be bringing anything to mine because we will be hitting there second and will miss the main eating events.
If you want something light and delicious for a pre meal snack then this is perfect! I served mine with ginger snaps, but some people like to dip with apples also.
Ingredients:
{1} 15 oz can of pumpkin
{1} 5 oz box of instant vanilla pudding {just the powder, don't make the pudding}
{1} 16 oz container of cool whip {low fat}
{1} small pumpkin
{1/2} tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
{1/2} tbsp. Cinnamon
Directions:
1. Mix pumpkin, pudding mix, cool whip, and pumpkin pie spice together {by hand} in a very large bowl.
2. Chill for several hours before serving. Meanwhile, carve your pumpkin!
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with fresh apples slices, vanilla wafers or ginger snaps.
I am thinking about writing a cook book one of these days for Busy Mom's. Simple and easy tried and true toddler and picky husband tested breakfasts, snacks, and meals. What do you think. I know most of my recipes are from cookbooks and the internet, but i also have a lot I have put together myself and I think I could come up with some pretty good stuff.

No comments: