Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful {Day 20, 21, 22, & 23} & Thanksgiving

I have fallen a little behind in my thankfulness days, but since I refuse to get out in the Black Friday madness I have a little time on my hands now that Mckinley is sleeping and my dresser is drying. Everyday was spent with my family and like my Aunt Francine said while we were waiting out in the waiting room during mom's surgery Tuesday "Even if I hadn't married into the family I still would have kept in touch because that is just how they were. They took you in and just make you part of them and all that mattered was family." And that is how I still feel. I would rather spend everyday with my family then anyone else. They are absolutely the most important things to me so they get a few more Thankful days. So let's get down to it.

I am thankful for: 
My mom for being a bad-ass and kicking cancer's ass
My dad for being amazing this past year
My sister for finding what she is meant to do and for taking such good care of mom and dad
My mom's doctor's for taking such good care of her
My hubby for putting up with me and all my hair brained ideas
For my little girl for sleeping like a champ
My sister's sweet boyfriend Jeff for treating her like she deserves to be treated
Being almost done with Christmas shopping

I added a few more then the 4 days i missed to make up for falling behind.

Now on to what has been going on these past few days to keep us so busy

Tuesday was spent trying to prepare everything for school next week in 1 day and let me tell you preparing everything in 1 day when it usually takes 3 days to a week isn't easy. Most people think preschool is all play with a little bit of work thrown in and yes we try to make things fun, but we work hard people! Cathy left around 11 to head to the Bahamas (lucky girl) and I left a little early so I could get to the Dr's office to try to see my Mama before she went back for her second surgery. It wasn't  major surgery, but she still had to be put under because the incision on her left side needed to be cleaned up. The skin had started turning purple and they wanted to take care of it before it became infected. I didn't make it in time to see her, but just being there for Daddy was good enough.

Wednesday we hung out with Mama all day to keep her company and help her around the house so we skipped a little blogging time. We were supposed to sign our closing documents that evening, but the closing lawyer couldn't print everything off so we have to go back Monday.

Thursday was of course Thanksgiving day and boy let me tell you it was a busy day. We all woke up early and started cooking the sweet potatoes for the sweet potato casserole. While they were boiling I painted some more on our new dresser and then it was time to make some casserole. I am going to go ahead and give myself a big pat on the back because they were DELICIOUS! I might just share the recipe later if you are really good! We headed out to Brent's parent's house at noon and gorged ourselves on way too much turkey, ham, and twice baked potatoes. Mckinley was a little shy at first and was pretty stubborn playing with her cousin June. It was really funny to see her acting like that because she is so sweet with the other kids at daycare. I think she was hungry or sleepy because she didn't want June to touch her or touch any of her toys. We were scared there would be a baby rumble, but everyone made it out alive. June is in that stage where she wants to discover everything and play with everyone now that she is crawling and Mckinley is entering into the "Mine" stage (yippee). After she ate she was a different person, but I was shocked that she would only eat corn and biscuits! She wouldn't even touch the green beans!! After we thoroughly gorged ourselves we headed out around 2 and head over to Bo and Judy's house to enjoy some deserts. Mckinley had really warmed up by this time and acted like a maniac running around and screaming! We might have suffered a bumped lip which caused a little screaming, but besides that and being absolutely exhausted she was pretty darn good. All in all it was a great day spent with the family with few melt downs and lots of eating.

Today Mckinley and I are just hanging around the house while Brent is out searching for some Black Friday deals (he is INSANE!) I have done a little more painting on the dresser and am currently debating cleaning up the path of destruction Mckinley made last night. I really want to get everything organized before we start getting out all of our Christmas stuff. We will be getting our Christmas trees tomorrow and we need to go ahead and at least get that stuff out. I am not sure how long our decorations will last with Hurricane Mckinley  around but we shall see. We will be putting the baby jail around the tree and presents and we will see how many fits and tantrums that causes. Toddlers make life so much more interesting!


No comments: