Thursday, June 21, 2012

Check

I made a smallish list last night of things I need to get done before Mckinley's birthday July 27 and big pat on the back I have already completed 1 task.








Scrap Fabric Birthday Banner Complete!

I have already checked 2 things off of my long list of To Do's. I purchased the straws last night from      Sweet Estelle on Etsy (Facebook). She was super duper easy to work with and super sweet. I highly recommend checking out her shop and if you need paper straws she is the lady to see.



Now I need a little lady to take a nap so I can shower and then we can  check a few more items off of our list

Birthday fabric scrap banner
Birthday crown
Trial run of smash cake
Trial run of rainbow whoopee pies
Finish month banner
Food plates
Cake plates
silverware
Paper Straws
Cups
Small cups for dip and veggies/fruit
paper flowers
Pictures for invitations
Order Invitations
Send Invitations
Smash cake monogrammed shirt, bib, and bloomers


Paint laundry room
Laundry room shelves
shelf behind couch
Bathroom prints
Frames for prints
Map prints
Frame for map prints

Update: I checked off 3 more things today. I found the plates, napkins, cups, and silverware at the dollar store today. I ended up with a few extra sets because I didn't know you couldn't return stuff so it looks like my no paper products used in the house will be thrown out of the window for a week or 2. Thankfully they only cost $1 a piece and we might need extras for the party. Either way they will get used.

Update of an update: I found a pre made felt crown at Hobby Lobby that was the perfect exact color I was already making Mckinley's crown in so I snatched it up for $4!!!!!!!!! and whipped up the cutest first birthday crown last night (I might still be a little high from the fabric glue. I slept REALLY good last night too). I also scooped up a set of pre made tissue paper flowers. I know they are really easy to make, but I am going for ease right now.

I should have another update this evening because we are having our pictures taken by the lovely Courtney Young. I am hoping if I can ask her nicely and maybe bribe her with hugs and future photo sessions she will let me sneak a peak at the pictures next week so I can send the file off to Kristi at Best Impressions Paperie where I found the most PERFECT birthday invitation. Kristi has already been a dream to work with and I haven't even purchased the invitation yet. I love that the invitation is customizable and I love that I can purchase the file and print however many I need. Anywhere else you would have to decided you need X amount of  invites to order them and heaven forbid you need an extra one (I have run into this problem with Christmas cards and birth announcements.) So if you need any super cute Birthday invitations or anything paper related you have to check her Etsy store out. Check them out on  Best Impressions Paperie Facebook also.

No comments: