Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nothing Compares To You


I have always been kind of out there (some people might say weird) I like to think of myself as an individual. Some people might not like the same things I like and other people may not understand me and I am 100% ok with that. I like being me, but sometimes i have a hard time not comparing myself to other people.

So and so's house is never a mess when we are there. My house is so messy today even though I just swept and mopped yesterday (thanks a lot dogs)

So and so got in shape so quick. Ugh why can't I get off of my lazy butt and workout.

I think this might  be the curse of the woman. On the outside we have it all together, but on the inside we are comparing every little thing to the way someone else does it.

I know everyone is different and I really want to teach this to Mckinley. I want her to be an individual. I don't want her to be like anyone else or do anything like anyone else. I think I will be ok if she is a little different or perhaps weird.


As I watch her crawl into a basket and act like it is the greatest thing since spray butter I don't think I am going to have to work to hard at all of this, but I still want to be conscious about the things I say and the way I talk about myself in front of her. I want her to know I am happy with myself and my life and I don't want to be like anyone else.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” 
― Oscar Wilde

I think I want to find a print that says this to hang in our house. A little daily reminder that it would be no fun if we were all the same.

No comments: