Monday, June 4, 2012

Your Getting Very Sleep

We did not sleep very well last night at all. Sleep has been hit or miss with us lately. Of course Saturday night when Mckinley had her first sleep over at the grandparent's she never made a peep and didn't get up until 7:30. I can not say the same for last night. First off she didn't go to bed until 9:30 which was a struggle just to get that far. After I finally got her down she was up at 12:30 and nothing was helping so I gave her a small bottle and she was out again. After that it was no holds bar. She was up and down all night and then from one lightening strike all of the power went off only waking me up. She of course is a ray of sunshine today and I am absolutely exhausted. I won't lie and say I handled last night like a pro. This parent thing should be easy peasey now. We have been doing this everyday for 10 months now, but I swear sometimes I feel like a new parent all over again. Poor Brent has it much worse today. I get to stay home and hang out with my girl, but he has to go to work and deal with other people's crazy problems. I tried to let him sleep, but you can't do that when your child is laying in her bed laughing, kicking her feet, and screaming ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

The only thing that really truly made it all worth it and all better today was sitting here with my sweet girl trying to keep my  busy bee entertained and she turns and looks at me and says Mama. That one simple word is going to get us into a lot of trouble. I am sure the newness will wear off someday and I won't be a complete sucker.

Can you blame me for not being able to be mad at this face?


1 comment:

Mrs. K said...

Little stinker, but such a cutie! "Mama" gets me EVERY time too. =)