Friday, June 15, 2012

The C Word

These past few weeks have been quite a whirlwind. I haven't told too many people because we weren't sure what was really going on and we wanted to be 100% for sure what was going on before causing a panic. Thankfully we got some really great news yesterday (I guess it is the best news you can get about this sort of thing), but to me it is the best news I have ever heard in my entire life.

I guess we should start from the beginning which is only a week or two ago. I told you this has all happened really fast.

Some of you may know that our school family lost someone special the Saturday June 2. This was such a tough emotional day already, but what made it even more difficult was finding out the day before that my mom's cancer was confirmed. My sister and I had only recently found out what was going on and sadly my parent's hadn't even know that long. This came about so fast which made it even scarier. Basically from November to May a lump had grown which means this was something pretty aggressive and pretty scary. 

It is so funny writing about all of this because these words in no shape form or fashion could ever convey my true feelings. I will not type the words or how I actually feel because I could make a sailor blush right now.

fast forward to last week when we I went with my mom and dad to meet her surgeon. You might be thinking we did this a little backwards. Typically you would meet your oncologist first and be referred to a surgeon but we were so thankful to get in to see him so fast because he is the best and I feel like he helped refer us to the best oncologist. We still had no clue what was really going on at this time since mom had not had any scans done and we did not know the extent of how far this had all spread. The fear of the unknown is the worst feeling I have ever felt in my life. I am usually a positive person, but you mess with my Mama and I am a mess. 

Finally Mom's appointment was set and everything went down yesterday. She had a CT, a PET scan another biopsy, and her Porta cath surgery all in the same day. I can honestly say  it was the longest day of my life and it was a day of trying to stay occupied and lots of prayer. We had so many people praying for mom and I truly believe in the power of prayer and I feel like He was listening because we got the best news you can ever get about cancer. We already knew her tumors (yes tumors 2 right next to each other) had spread to the lymph nodes under her arm, but they did not find anything else anywhere else!

PRAISE THE LORD! 

Right now I believe she will have chemo and then surgery. I know not many people read my blog, but if you do would you pretty please keep my mama in your prayers. Pray for a quick recovery, no side affects, and the fastest remission possible. 

This is the PG version of what I really want to say about the C word!
My mom is the toughest woman I know and she is going to come out on the other side of this stronger and more fabulous then she already is. 

2 comments:

MillerMama said...

Praying for a smooth, uncomplicated treatment and recovery for your mom. Cancer sucks for sure.

Mrs. K said...

I will definitely be keeping your Momma in my T&Ps Rox.