Friday, February 25, 2011

Welcome To The Jungle

I don't normally write about work, but I thought I would today. I LOVE my job. I enjoy going to work each day and I do not like my days off. I teach preschool and it is the greatest most rewarding job I think I could ever have. My 4 year olds (all 17 of them) are awesome, hilarious, and entertaining and that is just in the first few minutes of arrival each day. I get at least 25 hugs a day and then they tell me they love me just out of the blue. The nice thing is I truly believe them. Today was an interesting day at school. We had a lot going on and lots of special visitors and I had to work my lesson plan around all of this. Funny thing is these are the days I like the most. I like these days that are a little hectic and crazy. I love routine and I know my babies do too, but every now and then it is fun to shake things up. My job is NEVER boring and it is kind of like being in the zoo. Something is always happening, it is really noisy, and they move around a lot. Thank goodness for nap time or I would probably pass out before the day is over. Sometimes I feel spoiled because I have this amazing job. I know I may not make as much money as most people, but it is totally worth it. We don't need a lot of money to be happy in our little house. As long as we are making it we are good. The funny thing is I don't want Brent to get a new job because he will make more money and we will be more secure I want him to get a new job because I want him to be happy to go to work each day like I am. I know he likes what he does because he is really good at what he does even though it isn't his true profession. I want him to LOVE his job. I know I am going to have to bend my life around baby love, but it will definitely be worth it to break out of my routine. I am trying to get into a better routine now before it is time for action. Brent and I do a pretty good job of keeping our tiny house clean, but it can get cluttered in there sometimes because there is really nowhere to put anything. My biggest project coming up will be getting the bed out of the extra bedroom and getting ready to make it a baby room. Mom and I will be hopefully accomplishing this task over spring break because I will be going crazy with nothing else to do. We also need to de-clutter the office, but that is the last thing on my list. I am trying not to start "nesting" too early, but I just can't help myself. I found myself scrubbing the bathtub the other night around 9:00pm. My back was killing me and I was exhausted, but I just couldn't help myself. There is still so much more to do before baby gets here and now that I start thinking about it I start to actually panic! I think this is the first baby panic I have had so far. The biggest thing that worries me is not being at school for the very beginning of the year. You may not think it to look at my classroom or my home, but I can be quite the control freak. I like things done my way and if I don't think you will do it my way or to my standards then I will just do it myself (hence me climbing a 20 foot tall ladder to paint the top of my house). I am almost finished planning for this school year and then I have to go back and plan for the weeks I will miss. We really tried so hard to make sure I wasn't having bebe at the beginning of the school year, but I knew that was exactly what was going to happen. I can definitely say I am way more excited to be finally have my baby, but I am freaking just a tad. I want to make sure things are easy and accessible for my assistant. She will be in charge while I am gone and I want to make sure everything gets done. I just hope my babies aren't insane when I come back, but thank goodness for Cathy because I know she will keep them in line. Being a teacher has taught me how to be loving, but tough and to show my babies school can be fun, but we still have to work hard. Wow I really didn't think I had this much to say today. Final thoughts of the day
5 more days (4 if you are rounding up and this day is really almost over) until we know who baby love is
I am going to buy fleece fabric to make cloth wipes (yes Brent we will get you some baby wipes too)
And I am buying some pretty fabric and metal rings to make a baby sling this weekend (now all I need is mom to show me how to use her sewing machine so I can make everything)

No comments: