Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Miss Thee

ingThe #1 thing I miss from B.P. (before pregnancy) is my running shoes. About a 2 years ago a good friend had the grand idea that we should become runners and run the St. Jude Half Marathon. Of course without thinking iot through I said "OK". Well the beginning of my running career was slow and it took me a very long time to feel like I was really a runner, but there is something about running that gets into your blood. I don't know if it the the endorphins or the friends you make in the running community, but man do I miss it!

I had some of the greatest running partners and hopefully after Baby Girl gets here I can rejoin them and start all over again. This is the part that stinks the most. I worked so hard to get where I was and now I am starting from the beginning. I know I will have to start slow and I will have to wait FOREVER until I can even start walking again.

So I am stating my goal here and now and hopefully someday soon I will accomplish it.

I want to run the Nashville Half marathon in 2012 (maybe 2013).

I know physically I can do it because I have done it before, btu it is the mental preparation I am worried about. After Baby Girl gets here we will see how well I keep up with this goal.

No comments: