Thursday, April 28, 2011

You Want Me To Drink What?


I had my Glucose Tolerance Test today and it really wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be. The nurse asked me to try to drink the flat fruit punch soda drink in under 5 minutes, but once I cracked that sucker open I wanted to get it done and I chugged it in about 30 seconds (I am awesome I know). It wasn't too bad at first, but the more you drink the sweeter it gets and the worst part is the aftertaste and the after burps. I had to wait an hour after drinking the delicious treat which was the absoluet worst part of the whole test. I won't find out my results for a few days and Lord I pray I pass because I don't mind drinking that beautiful red drink again, but it's the having to sit for 3 hours and having my blood drawn every hours that I don't think I can take.

I wasn't told to fast before the test, but I tried to eat even better then I normally do this morning, but you better believe after I got home today I devoured a pink Loft House cookie with sprinkles (this might have happened as soon as I walked in the door which I might not have even closed yet, before even letting the dogs out or setting my purse down.) I figured since I have only gained 1 lb. in the past month I could eat my dang cookie and maybe a tiny Lindt bunny (ears first).

I also got to hear Baby Love's very strong and very loud heartbeat today. They asked me if I had been feeling her move any and I just laughed and showed the Dr. how my stomach was rolling from left to right. Everything measured good and I have to go back in 3 weeks for another checkup and then back in 2 weeks after that for my next ultrasound to check the fluid on Baby Girls kidneys to make sure it hasn't gotten worse or perhaps has even gone away. I just can't wait to see her beautiful face again.

No comments: