Sunday, December 9, 2012

So I Guess We Have Started Potty Training


I have been telling Brent that we should get Mckinley a potty. She all of a sudden started saying "I pooped" and about 80% of the time she had actually pooped! We have used cloth diapers almost since the day we brought her home and I read everywhere that cloth diapered babies tend to potty train earlier because they can feel the wetness, but I honestly did not expect her to even enjoy sitting on the potty much less pee on it  times! 

We picked up the Fisher Price Froggy Potty today at Babies R US/Toys R Us. We went to get a Christmas gift for a friend and figured while we were there we would get our potty. The Froggy potty was so cute and the price was just right at $12.99. I just couldn't justify spending $30 on something my child would pee and poo on. We went back and forth about getting a potty chair or a seat that went on the potty with a stool and came to the conclusion that she might enjoy something she could do by herself since she is such an independent lady. 

We didn't get top try it out until we got home from Brent's parents house and the Little needed a bath so as I was skinning the rabbit I sat her on the potty. She thought it was hilarious!! After she sat for a minute she got up and tried to climb into the bath tub (she LOVES taking baths) and then all of a sudden she started trying to climb back on her froggy backwards so I picked her up and placed her on facing the right way and all of a sudden she peed a little and then after sitting a few more seconds she actually pottied!!! I started clapping and laughing hysterically!! She had been playing with her light up snowman toy and now it has become her potty toy. It entertains her long enough to get her to sit still. So we  clapped and laughed and got all excited about the potty and finally got in the tub. After we finished she kept trying to climb out of the tub and actually wanted to sit back on the potty and she went again!!! I kept her in a loose fitting diaper and every now and then I waould ask if she wanted to go potty and she would drop whatever she was doing and run to the bathroom. She ended up going a total of 5 times!!! 

We are going to of course be keeping her in diapers, but I am thinking about purchasing a few pairs of training pants to wear around the house over Christmas break. 

I still can't believe my baby girl is using the potty!!!! 


Mckinley will probably kill me some day for discussing her bathroom habits on the internet so i will be kind and I won't post any actual pictures of her using her brand new potty, but just know my sweet child if you cross me when youa re 16 and some cute boy comes to our house to pick you up you better believe I am not above pulling these pictures out!

No comments: