Monday, March 7, 2011

Missed Me Missed Me

I never thought I would love being pregnant so much. If you asked me a few years ago I would have told you just the thought of actually being pregnant scared the crap out of me. That all changed when I was "Ready" to be pregnant. I have always loved babies and little kids and I always knew I wanted to have babies, but being pregnant just scared me. I guess because I had my heart set on it and I wanted it so bad that when it actually happened I was so thankful to God for giving me this that all of those fears just disappeared. I can honestly say that I have had a pretty easy pregnancy and I have really enjoyed it. Now let's move on to the real reason I am writing this post today. There are so many things that I miss now that I am pregnant! I was NEVER a big drinker, but I would KILL for a drink right now! I want the biggest, driest, coldest glass of white wine and maybe a glass of red oh and add in a nice cold strong pina colada. I don't want you leaving here thinking I am going to go get drunk after this because I would never chance baby girl for a drink, but believe you me once I get things in order and figured out afterwards mommy will be getting herself some cheap wine. Let's move on to the next thing I long for........ I want a big huge Subway sandwich. The funny thing is pre pregnancy I NEVER ate sandwiches so this I am chalking up to the whole pregnancy craving thing. They say you shouldn't eat cold deli meat because it can make the baby sick (something called listeria) so I am not chancing that either. I always heat up my meat (that doesn't sound right), man what I wouldn't give for a nice cold meaty sandwich. Last but not least I think my number one thing I miss about not being pregnant is being able to sleep on my back and stomach. I had no idea how hard this would be or how much I would loath sleeping on my side. This will be the first thing I do after baby girl gets here. Maybe I will have a nice big drink and then fall asleep on my belly. Baby love is is totally worth giving these things up for a few months (It is like Lent for 9 months) and I know after she comes I will probably forget all about this (except the whole sleeping on my stomach thing). Before I forget-------- I am 20 weeks today! We are halfway baked and counting down the days. It has all gone by so fast and I feel like it is all down hill from here. I feel like all of the big stuff has come and gone and now we are just waiting for the BIG day. I have already finished our registry (which I will probably change a few times again), the nursery will be finished over spring break, and then we have the showers to look forward too, but then we will just wait for baby girl to get here. Now I am off to add some more pink stuff to the registry.

5 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Woohoo for being half-baked! I can't believe that I will be joining you on Saturday. Sheesh...halfway through our pregnancies! I feel like I was just announcing my BFP yesterday...

Melissa McMommy said...

Congrats on the baby girl! I saw her name in your Bump siggy and thought I'd stop by to tell you I love your name choice!

I know how you feel about sleeping on your side. I used to sleep on my side for most of the night before I got pregnant, but now there is nothing I want more than to sleep on my back or stomach.

Unknown said...

Mrs. K I know what you mean it has flown by!

Melissa Thanks and Thanks! We never had a second thought about the name I suggested it and the hubs liked it so it stuck! 1st thing I am doing as soon as she is out SLEPING ON MY BACK without panicking!

Kristin said...

You are so refreshingly honest. I missed the wine and the tummy sleeping alot too. But sipping wine while you get to watch your two sweet kids play nicely together is THE BEST THING EVER!! So excited for you!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kristen! I can't wait to be able to sit on the back porch with baby girl and enjoy the evenings with a big ole glas of wine!