Thursday, June 2, 2011

Catching Up

What have we been up to these past few weeks you ask?

Last weekend we spent with Brent's family at their cabin at the lake. I had so much fun getting to spend some really quality time with everyone and getting to know them even better. As always it was quite entertaining. There was lots of talk about pooping, people having tiny baby hands, and seasickness. It doesn't get better then that! There were also some secrets spilled that I can't report just yet because it is a secret, but we shall discuss that at a later date and time.

I have continued my nesting and now it is all I can think about. I want all clothes to be washed. I want my dresser sanded and painted, I want all pictures hung up and everything else put away. I feel like if I get it all done Mckinley will get here sooner. The sad thing is if I had everything done I would drive myself crazy cleaning other things like the walls and baseboards that I star at in disgust everyday and which shall be cleaned thoroughly before Baby Girl gets here.

Now for the biggest news of all ..................................... Ellis is here!!! Our good friends Russell and Amber were due to have their baby girl June 8 with an induction date of June 7. Well obviously they didn't make it that far. I missed an email from Amber at 6:43 a.m. because my phone sucks and didn't get it until 5 that night. It said that she had been at the hospital since 2a.m. that morning and that Ellis would be arriving very soon. Of course I start freaking out calling everyone I can get a hold of trying to get some information, but no one even seemed to know that she was in labor. I texted and called both Russel and Amber and he thankfully sent me a few quick texts and then at about 6:40 another that Ellis was here. So world I introduce to you Ellis Grey Johnson. She weighed 8lbs. and is 19 inches.


Isn't she beautiful! Now seeing her makes me want Mckinley to get here even faster. I am so ready to cuddle her, smell her, see what she looks like, and just see who we will be meeting. I think about her everyday and I wonder who she will look like, who she will act like, how will she handle different situations as she grows older. These next 2 months are going to be absolute torture. Getting to see Mckinley yesterday and watching her actually blinking her eyes like she was checking us out and wondering why these awful people were pocking and prodding at made all of this feel even more real.


Since we are showing off baby girls here are a few pictures of Baby Love from yesterday. It is funny how it gets harder and harder to make things out the bigger they get and the more squished in your belly they get. I swear this girl is quickly running out of room in there.


Profile

Straight On Looking At Us. She Is Practicing Blinking and Breathing!

Now for the projects going on in the D household. I planted my vegetable garden which already consisted of a bunch of potato plants from potatoes I chunked in there to compost (potatoes are easy to grow by the way), some tomatoes that are sprouting inside because the last batch died, and some zucchini or squash. I am really not sure which because one plant withered away so we shall see in a few months what we have. Next year will be a much better garden. It was just too dang hot and hard to worry about it whilst working and pregnant. I will have lettuce again next year, corn, beans, etc.

Sad Little Garden

We shall Be Eating Lots of Potatoes

Trusty Helpers

My next big project will be my diy diaper sprayer. I found these directions on http://gidgetgoeshome.com/.
Here is the ink to the directions on making your own diaper sprayer http://gidgetgoeshome.com/2008/08/25/diy-tutorial-make-your-own-diaper-sprayer/. We will use this to spray poop out of Mckinley's cloth diapers before placing them into the wet bag to be washed later. I am excited to first go look at the tools needed to make this and I am going to read and reread the directions to see if it will be easier and more cost effective to make my own or if I should just buy one. I am going to keep looking on ebay and and diaper swappers to see if I can find one for cheaper.

And last but not least I still need to refinish the dresser/changing table in Mckinley's room. I need to clean it, sand it, paint it white, and then I will dry brush a very soft pink over the white. I am really excited about this project and can't wait to get started, but I am going to save it for another few weeks to give myself something to do.

Now for the belly shots I have not gotten to post


28 Weeks

29 Weeks


 
30 Weeks
                                        

31 Weeks
I think we have covered everything that I missed while gone these past few weeks. There is so much more to come in the next few weeks. There will be many more posts and many more pictures to come.

No comments: