Monday, June 20, 2011

First Father's Day

McKinley may not be here just yet, but Brent and I decided we wanted to celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day this year. I couldn't wait to give Brent his present so I went ahead and gave it to him last night.

Ever since I told him I was pregnant and especially since we knew Baby was a girl Brent has said he wanted pink new balance shoes for her. I searched and searched until I finally found newborn size 0 pink new balance shoes and hid them away in Mckinley's closet for the past 3 or 4 months.

I am SO thankful to have him in my life and by my side. I can't imagine going through all of these new adventures with anyone else. Bless his heart he has put up with me for the past few months which thankfully I have to say (he may say otherwise) have been pretty easy. I like to think I have not been your typical pregnant wife with mood swings and lots of aches and pains and I have yet to send him on a late night craving run (besides the below freezing night I wanted YO LO, but he wasn't upset to get some free yogurt). He never complains when I ask him to help me do something or help me clean and he always does it with a smile and a song (normally with his own made up words).

I can't wait for Mckinley to finally get here to meet her daddy because I am pretty sure she will get a kick out of him as much as I do.

I guess our first real Father's Day celebration will be next year when our little is actually here, but it feels really good to celebrate him today (even though he did make me breakfast. See that is why I love him so much!)

Happy First Unofficial Father's Day My Love!

And Happy Father's Day to the best Daddy ever!



No comments: